Doctor insights on:
Severe Burning Tongue
Burning mouth syndrome causes chronic burning pain in your mouth. The pain from burning mouth syndrome may affect your tongue, gums, lips, inside of your cheeks, roof of your mouth, or widespread areas of your whole mouth. The pain can be severe, as if you ...Read more
No!: May be rough edge to the trays, although this is extremely rare. May be allergy to the plastic, also very rare. Most probably an infection, viral, bacteria, or fungal. Check in with both your General Dentist and with your Orthodontic Specialist for evaluation and Rx. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not likely: Burning tongue can be caused by a variety of things but kissing generally would not be a cause unless the person you kissed has a transmissable viral disease. ...Read more
I have a burning tongue, a postnasal mucus drop and excessive salivary production- what could this be?
Burning Tongue Syndr: BMS is a chronic orofacial pain disorder that is defined by the International Association Study of Pain as "a burning pain in the tongue or other mucous membranes." Despite continuing research, there is no consensus on cause, pathogenesis, or even the definition of BMS. see Orofacial Pain specialist for pain management. They are the experts in BMS. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Acid reflux burning tongue
- How do i help heal my tongue faster after burning it pretty bad eating soup?
- Burning sensation under tongue
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is burning tongue a symptom of kidney disease?
- Burning sensation on tongue and roof of mouth
- Yellow burning tongue
- Itchy burning tongue
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online