Doctor insights on:
Seroma After Open Heart
Where?: Any incision may have some bleeding- -and a hematoma may develop. This can become a seroma over time as the blood is resorbed. Or some lymphatic s are disrupted and fluid escapes into tissue. Tissue juices and serum can remain in a wound as well. Most are temporary. All are resolvable . See the surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Atrial fibrilation is a common occurance after open heart surgery, and may complicate as many as 30% of cases. Many of these resolve before hospital discharge, but if it persists will need treatment with blood thinners and rate control. At some point cardioversion (a shock given to resynchronize the heart) mat be considered. ...Read more
Valve or vessel?: Prudent diet good idea for all. Avoid high fat, sugary, high salt, processed meats, processed grains. Eat more vegetables, fruits, beans, legumes, whole train bread, cereal, pasta, low fat or no fat dairy, poultry, fish. Dash diet (online): dietary approach to stop hypertension is tasty, nutritious, easy, has data supporting its use. There are others as well. Talk to dietician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why would seroma develop after open heart surgery?
- How long after open heart surgery does it take the sternum to heal completely?
- Shortness of breath after open heart surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Shoulder pain after open heart surgery
- Chest pain after open heart surgery
- Life expectancy after open heart surgery
- Scar tissue after open heart surgery
- Talk to a cardiologist online