Doctor insights on:
Separation Of The Symphysis Pubis Congenital Small Pelvis
X-rays: This abnormally wide gap can be diagnosed by radiologic studies such as x-ray, mri, ct scan or bone scan. Manual testing by a healthcare professional can also be used. The patient is placed in various positions and pressure is applied in such a way that it provokes pain and maybe movement in the pubis. ...Read more
Pubic symphysis : Disruption of the pubic synthesis usually results from trauma, or in some cases during pregnancy. Traumatic injuries are usually part of pelvic ring injuries and often require surgical treatment. Those injuries do not require surgical treatment will generally require three months until symptoms gradually improve. This is only an estimate and the results are based on the individual injury pattern and treatment. Disruption that occurs as a result of pregnancy or delivery is generally self-limited and symptoms resolve within a few weeks to months after delivery. In rare cases the disruption that occurs as a result of pregnancy can persist and be symptomatic. ...Read more
I am 51 years old and can feel a rounded lump above my symphysis pubis extending to about 5 finger breaths below my umbilicus. What could it be ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symphysis pubis separation during pregnancy
- Separation of the symphysis pubis abdominal pain
- Pregnancy complications separation of the symphysis pubis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is age a factor in separation of the symphysis pubis?
- Separation of the symphysis pubis difficulty walking
- Is difficulty walking a symptom of separation of the symphysis pubis?
- Is abdominal pain a symptom of separation of the symphysis pubis?
- Talk to a pediatrician online