Doctor insights on:
Separate Webbed Toes
Any parents out there that have a child who had or is going to have surgery to separate webbed toes?
Yes: This separation surgery can be performed if requested. This is usually done for cosmetic reasons. When i perform this surgery, i will usually take an elliptical wedge of skin from just below the ankle and place it in the web space between the separated toes. Usually works well. May have some stiffness to the toes after surgery. Dr l. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: There are always risks associated with surgery and many times, webbed toes or syndactyly is cosmetic. There are several procedures to address this and if you are really concerned about this, consult with a foot and ankle surgeon (podiatrist or foot/ankle orthopedist) that is board certified to discuss your options. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Webbed toes
- Causes of webbed toes
- Repair of webbed fingers or toes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is the webbed finger or toe repair a risky thing to do?
- What kind of complications might happen from a webbed finger or toe repair?
- Webbed toe surgery
- Surgery for webbed toes
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free