Doctor insights on:
Senna Leaf Tea
It is probably safe: Taking a laxative pill the same day after drinking a senna tea is safe. If you have chronic constipation then a daily fiber supplement or stool softener (miralax, etc) is better long term. Stimulant laxatives such as senna and bisacodyl are ok for occasional use. If your symptoms are severe you should discuss them with a gastroenterologist as further evaluation may be warranted. ...Read more
Hi Doc! My has hypertension & diabetes, she's taking her meds for hypertension&diabetes. Can she take a slimming tea that contains Senna Leaves &pods?
Senna: Senna sometimes used as a laxative, but when it is used on a chronic basis can cause a condition called melanosis coli. If constipation is an issue, it is better to increase the amount of fiber in the diet and even consider a fiber supplement. You should increase fluid intake if you increase fiber intake. This would be better than chronic senna usage. Good luck. ...Read more
Likely not: There should be no significant interaction between the two. ...Read more
Hi I have a question does drinking tea that have senna leaf, lemon grass, uva ursi, and shave grass affect with my birth control pill. ?
Look at the box: The box will have the amount per serving. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Risks of senna leaf tea
- Senna leaf tea and pancreatitis
- Benefits of senna leaf tea
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Senna leaf tea weight loss
- Is it safe to drink those laxative teas with senna in them on a daily basis?
- Does red raspberry leaf tea really work to regulate periods?
- Red raspberry leaf tea fibroids
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online