Doctor insights on:
Selsun Blue Tinea
I actually tell my: patients to apply it neck down in the shower and leave on for 20 minutes then wash off. They should do that daily for two weeks then the scale should be gone and they can expose their skin to sunlight ( 10 minutes only a day and no burning) which will repigment the skin. If that doesn't work they need topical or oral prescriptions to clear the fungal infection ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I left selsun blue on my affected tinea versicolor areas overnight and it appears to have left me with a burn! Help!
You'll be OK: That is a standard treatment for tinea versicolor. The ingredients in the Selsun Blue may have caused an irritation. Just apply a soothing skin lotion for a day or two. You'll be fine. And I'll bet you killed the fungi that were causing your tinea versicolor. Now go out and get a normal suntan. ...Read more
Third best treatment: Selenium sulfide found in selsun blue kills the fungi (malassezia furfur) that causes tinea versiclolor. Applying the shampoo, letting it dry on for 10 minutes, washing it off, do this daily for 7-10 days may do the trick. Or .... Ask your doctor for a single dose of Fluconazole or ketoconazole and watch your skin clear up. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Which selsun blue for tinea versicolor
- Using selsun blue for tinea versicolor
- Selsun blue to treat tinea versicolor
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treating tinea versicolor with selsun blue
- Selsun blue shampoo tinea versicolor
- How to treat tinea versicolor with selsun blue?
- Does selsun blue work on tinea versicolor?
- Talk to a dermatologist online