Doctor insights on:
I'm consuming a suplement tablet which contains selenium 100mcg + vit.E 200i.U + vit.C500mg + vit.A 5000i.U every morning. Is it good or too much? Tx
Vitamins can be toxi: The doses you are consuming are probably safe, and helpful. Your only concern is with vitamin a dose. The vitamin dose must be added to your food content. Some people eat a lot of vit-a, and take extra zinc, which causes vitamin a to be formed. Check a level of a after supplementing for two months, compare it to your baseline level. If the elevation of the vit-a is rapid, then reduce daily dose, . ...Read more
Trace element: You need a certain amount of selenium in your diet, and most people probably do not need to supplement. At various times, the "natural healing" community has taught that "selenium is very good for you" and "selenium is very bad for you." The NIH is pretty good: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Selenium-healthProfessional/#h6 An evidence-based holist can guide you through questions like this. ...Read more
I'm 66, in good health, bought vit. For women 50+. Many ingred. Go way over the dv%; i.E. Selenium is 225mcg, 321% of dv. Is this harmful?
Follow label: As long as you bought the vitamins through a reputable place and you follow the directions, don't take more than recommended amount, you should be ok. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you crush azithromycin tablets?
- Aloe vera colon cleanse tablets
- Uses and side effects of gynaecosid tablets
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do liver detox tablets work?
- Are there any dangerous long term side effects of taking penis growing tablets?
- Pyrithione zinc vs selenium sulfide
- Is it ok to take 2 tablets of advil at once?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free