Doctor insights on:
Seated Dumbbell Presses
Dumbbells are harder: Dumbbells require each arm to recruit more surrounding shoulder muscles to help balance the weight which means you are working harder (given the same weight). The bench press is a great exercise as well, but it does work a more specific muscle group and is intrinsically more stable because both arms are linked in trying to balance the moving weight load. ...Read more
Both : Are good. Better may include which one you could perform in the correct way. ...Read more
It is possible: Lifting weights is not a good idea at all for you with your condition. You can discuss with your doctor if it would be okay to try bicep curlsmwith a weight belt on. I think bench pressing may be too much strain on the lower back even with a belt. ...Read more
Possibly: If used in a program of graded increase in weights and generally good exercise, dumbell weights of various strengths can be helpful. You should exercise through stiff ness but not through pain. A good physical exercise counselor can help design a program depending upon your goals. ...Read more
Weights: NoGet a more detailed answer ›
Lifting weights: We often advise that kids should not be lifting weights before puberty as it puts additional strain on growing tendons and bones and can affect height and cause injury. That being said, you should only be using a weight that you can hold or move steadily to avoid injury. If you are shaking too much trying to carry 5 pounds or 50 pounds, it's too heavy. ...Read more
Use a trainer: Weightlifting like many sports activities can be beneficial if done right ; can produce significant injury if done wrong. Any 14yo should be supervised by a trained professional, preferably one certified in the area.Early training focuses on technique ; low intensity weights. Power lifting ; body building are not recommended until the kid reaches skeletal maturity (final height, b.O., shaves). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to do an incline dumbbell bench press without a bench?
- My upper back hurts after an incline dumbbell press
- How to do a decline dumbbell bench press with an exercise ball?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Senior citizen seated dumbbell exercises
- Does the seated leg press work hamstring muscles?
- How much weight should i lift on a dumbbell bench press?
- How much weight for a beginner doing dumbbell bench presses?
- How to do a seated military press with dumbbells?