Doctor insights on:
Seasonal Depression Cause Problems
Depression is a mood disorder that can affect behavior and emotions. Symptoms of depression include feeling down most of the time, losing interest in previously enjoyable activities, increase or decrease in appetite or weight, sleeping more or less, becoming easily agitated or lethargic, feeling worthless, feeling guilty, having difficulty concentrating, thinking more about death and dying. Depression can sometimes result in suicidal thoughts and plans. In this case, emergent ...Read more
Changes in light: Most researchers believe that exposure to sunlight can impact mood. People with this disorder tend to find that the problem is worse during winter months when sunlight is less. There has been success with particular kinds of artificial lights that mimic sunlight. Medications are also effective for this kind of depression. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Seasonal Depression: Symptoms of depression occur in winter or summer, spring or autumn, year after year. There's sad feeling, sleep too much, have low energy, morning sickness, carbohydrate craving, withdrawal, difficulty concentrating, treatment is light therapy, cognitive therapy & careful use of melatonin. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Fertility problems cause depression
- Can depression cause memory problems?
- Does tanning help seasonal depression?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can seasonal allergies cause fatigue?
- Do seasonal allergies cause dizziness?
- Can seasonal allergies cause hives?
- Can seasonal allergies cause headaches?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free