Doctor insights on:
Scarring After Oophorectomy
I had an oophorectomy about 7 months ago and still have an ugly reddish, c-section-like scar. What do I do?
I had an oophorectomy about 8 months ago why do I still have an ugly reddish, c-section-like scar from it?
I had a unilateral salipingo oopherectomy on April 1. Over the 2-3 wks the pain has increased. Could it be scar tissue?
0 to 2 weeks: You can return to walking and low impact activity right away as long as you feel up to it. Listen to your body and don't exercise if you are feeling too sore or fatigued. You should not do high impact or abdominal exercises for at least 2 weeks if you had a laparoscopy (small incisions) and 6 weeks if you had a laparotomy (large incision). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long after: This would certainly be normal the first few months after surgery and would probably resolve on its own as the tissues healed. If this is a long standing problems you might have internal scarring, or what we call adhesions. These can be painless but can cause pain under certain circumstances. This scarring is not dangerous. Sometimes a second surgery can clear the scarring - but not always. ...Read more
Is it necessary to have a biopsy after hyst and bilateral oophorectomy to detect whether it's malignant or benign?
Pathology: All tissues removed at surgery are sent for examination by a pathologist who will test selected parts by microscopy and other tests to determine if there is malignancy or any other abnormality. ...Read more
I`v started swimming after 3 month of surgery(oophorectomy), and now its 7 month, is it too much for me?Will I have some problem? Can i dance ?
Any activity: If this was done laproscopicall then you should be able to have any activity after 7 months. If done with larger incisions then you should talk to your surgeon to ask what acitity is allowed.J. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of scar tissue after hysterectomy
- How long until i can have sex after a salpingo oophorectomy?
- Normal period after oophorectomy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What would symptoms of scar tissue be after a vaginal hysterectomy?
- What should the scar look like after a punch biopsy?
- How can i remove a scar on my eyelid after a chalazion surgery?
- Getting pregnant after partial oophorectomy
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free