Doctor insights on:
Scar Tissue From Pneumonia
Yes: Some scar tissue particularly keloid may be associated with pain. This is not completely understood but it clearly associated with inflammation because steroid injections will produce improvements in as little as 3 days. In other situations, scar tissue will entrap nerves as improvement may require surgical release. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The body is composed of tissue that are classically described as beiing derived from three basic embyonic layers known as the endoderm, mesoderm and ectoderm that then differentiate into the structures that compose the body such as skin, soft tissues, bone, muscle, organs, etc. Stem cells are not differentiated and have the potential to ...Read more
Yes: and the newer the scar the more likely to become inflamed ...Read more
Silicone gel & injet: Usually sign of unstable scar formation. Topical silicone gel coupled with either use of serial steroid injections or use of stromal cells/prp injected into scar base will improve the irritation and quiet the pain. Time usually resolves the pain, but itching or burning sensations usually indicate a poor healing at site, needing some attention from your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can a scar tissue be converted back to normal tissue? Or is once lost normal skin can never be brought back?
Excision: Scar tissue is rarely removed from sites of organ damage but rather from cutaneous areas where the scar is visible and occasionally painful. At this time it may be widely excised but to prevent recurrence a steroid can be injected into the would like Kenalog which produces a strong anti inflammatory response. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can scar tissue be removed from the lungs?
- Breastfeeding after nipples have developed scar tissue from piercing
- Lung scar tissue after pneumonia
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can scar tissue from a tracheotomy cause respiratory problems in the future?
- Can scar tissue on your brain from surgery grow or increase?
- Scar tissue from ovarian cyst removal
- Can scar tissue be removed from fallopian tubes?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free