Doctor insights on:
Save My Hair
I am currently taking tomoxifen and as a result, i lost a lot of my hair. What can I do to save my hair?
Be gentle: Avoid over-washing your hair. Don't apply shampoo directly to the roots. Distribute conditioner evenly through your hair. Avoid using hot tools (hair dryer, flat iron) every day. Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week. Do not comb or twist wet hair. Massage in warm olive oil or coconut oil and leave for 30-40 minutes before washing. Always use lukewarm (not hot) to wash your hair. ...Read more
I have used minoxidil5%, propecia last 1month but no effect so far, I am in extreme hair fall please doctor save my hair what should I do? So worried
Male,17: My skull is full of dandruff. Selenium sulphide shampoo is not working. Any natural way to save my hair? Please, give answer quickly.
Dandruff: Other over the counter medicine to clear the dandruff is coal tar, petroleum jel, & mineral oil. Can be applied and left on the hair for hours and brushed off. If it does not get better, may need prescription medicines like antifungal ans or steroid shampoo. Talk to your doctor. ...Read more
Razor burn: Insure that you use fresh sharp blades vice dull blades. If the hair is more than several mm long – then trim it before shaving it. Wash the area before shaving – warm water can help to soften the hairs. Use a lubricant when shaving. Avoid using products that contain alcohol or are scented. Shave in the direction of the hair – not against it. Be gentle when shaving – don’t push down too hard. ...Read more
Exam: you may be develping a case of male pattern alopecia or you may have an illness causing this. Good idea to get a checkup. ...Read more
I m just 30 n getting very high hair fall... Can i get my hair back which r already gone ? And how to save remaining.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Single white hair that grows on my eyebrow occasionally does that mean good luck
- I slammed my finger in a door what can i do to save my nail will it regrow fast
- How can i do hair removal on my pubic hair?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Feel like something is crawling in my hair
- How can i prevent bumps and red spots after shaving my pubic hair?
- Is there any way to cover up gray hair in my beard without dye?
- Will shaving my armpit hair reduce body odor
- Feels like i have a hair in my throat