Doctor insights on:
Saturated Fats Maximum Hydro Bonds
Synthetic vs.natural: Trans fats are terrible for health as they are hydrogenated and inflame the artery walls as well as ruining your cholesterol - stay away! saturated fats like butter, coconut oils in reasonable quantities are actually now found to be ok for health and coconut oil in particular has been found to be good for health, especially with memory issues like alzheimers.Meats are saturated, eat in moderation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If saturated fats are a concern, why does an all plant based diet not warn about all the saturated fat in nuts and seeds?
Food label: I would recommend reading food labels on a regular basis. They will tell you how much fat, including saturated fat, is in the foods you are eating. Pay attention to serving size though so you are not fooled into believing your food is lower in fat than it really is. Searching the web for common foods you eat can help give you a general guideline as well. ...Read more
Carbon Bonds: Saturated means all single c-c bonds. Trans & cis refer to the orientation of the c-c bond after a c=c double bond converted to single. See google images. If double bonds (unsaturated) are converted to single by industrial hydrogenation lacking control: ½ cis, ½ trans; all living cells do cis-. There is no evidence saturated fats of natural origin are unhealthy. Ancel keys a fraud, peter attia not. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of saturated fat build up in your body?
- Freezing point points of saturated and unsaturated fats
- Leading sources of saturated fat in the american diet include
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Disadvantages of saturated fats
- What happens if you have too much saturated fat?
- Does whey protein have saturated fat in it?
- Effect of saturated fat on the cardiovascular system
- Do saturated fats have double bonds?