Doctor insights on:
Peanuts: Unsalted peanuts should be low in salt and low in carbohydrates. Nuts, in general, are a good source of protein and fats. Nuts contain monounsaturated fat, vitamin E, folic acid, magnesium, copper, protein, and fiber, and are rich in antioxidant phytochemicals. Nuts lower "bad" cholesterol levels and raise "good" cholesterol levels. Key is portion control. Don't go nuts on your nuts! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My lips are itchy and has a bumpy gritty fell to them . I know sometimes when I eat salty peanuts or salty chips sometimes a lot of salt get on my?
Yes: Eat healthy high calorie foods. Eat 6 meals/day. Work on strength training to build large muscle groups. Workout w heavier weights w fewer repetitions. Sleep at least 8 to 9 hrs/night. Hydrate well w water. Foods to help w healthy weight gain: almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, hummus, Avocados, granola, trail mix, dried fruits, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, ...Read more
GetThJunkOutaYrTrunk: Quote: “Scientific evidence suggests but does not prove that eating 1.5 ounces per day of most nuts, such as peanuts, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease. 1.5 ounces of peanuts also offers a good and excellent source of fiber and protein(10% and 20% RDA)" Plus, they taste good and satisfy appetite for a long time, so less likely to eat junk ...Read more
Haven't wanted to eat anything with chocolate or peanuts. I am now turning 21 and I am still afraid that this happened?
Afraid that what: has happened? Please clarify and re-ask. Thanks. ...Read more
Severe allergy: This is what can happen: symptoms of anaphylaxis can include difficulty breathing and swallowing, vomiting and diarrhea, dizziness, dangerously low blood pressure, swelling of the lips, tongue, throat, and other parts of the body, and loss of consciousness. If not treated quickly, it can be fatal. ...Read more
Have the right genes: Peanut allergy usually develops in infancy or childhood, rarely in later life. You need to have the appropriate genetic tendency to develop food allergies and there is also an influence of environmental factors. It is not like some infection that y ou can be infected with. Peanut allergy can range from minor symptoms to life-threatening. ...Read more
No: Of the 5 types of antibodies, ige is the one involved in allergy triggering allergic rhinitis, asthma & food allergies. Cat allergy occurs when your immune system makes ige against cat proteins in cat hair or dander. Peanut allergy occurs when you make ige against peanut proteins. Cashew allergy requires ige to cashew. Each specific ige antibody defines an allergy to the substance it recognizes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Great question!: The exact reason is not clear. What's concerning is peanut allergy is increasing (from 0.5% to 2% of population in last 15 years). It's known that roasted peanuts are more allergenic than boiled or fried peanuts. It's suggested that certain skin products on infants containing nut or peanut oils could sensitize the infant. Peanuts are a very commonly eaten so nearly everyone has been exposed. ...Read more
Probably: Basic ingredients in hummus are chickpea, tahani (sesame seeds), garlic and lemon. Although both peanut and chickpea are legumes, probably 90% of peanut allergic people can tolerate other legumes. The other 10% may have reaction to pea, beans, soy etc. While there is no cross reactivity with sesame, allergic reactions to sesame seed are on the increase. Beware of cross contamination. ...Read more
Possible: It is definitely possible. Many patients have allergies to peanuts. These allergies typically manifest as itching, rash or shortness of breath however it is possible to have a headache. I suspect the type of peanuts in the peanut butter are different or they have lost their headache inducing properties after being processed. I suggest trying a different type of nut that you can enjoy! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Nutritional value in planters salted roasted peanuts
- Fats in peanuts
- Peanuts and gout
- Diverticulitis and peanuts
- Peanuts triglycerides
- Are peanuts constipating?
- Peanuts in my stool
- Dietary value of roasted peanuts
- Can salted peanuts make my blood sugar rise?