Doctor insights on:
Salmonella Typhimurium Food Poisoning
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Bacterial infection: Saonella is a bacteria often found in poultry which causes intestinal infection in humans. Symptoms include diarrhea which may be bloody, fever, chills, stomach cramps, and sometimes nausea and vomiting. Most people will recover without any treatment but the infection can be very dangerous to the elderly, children or the sick. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The transmission: of salmonella usually occurs via consumption of contaminated foods: beef, poultry or eggs most commonly. The salmonella bacteria attach to the intestinal lining and are internalized to the intestinal wall. They then spread through the reticuloendothelial system to the liver, spleen and bone marrow. This process, leading to bacteria being found in the blood stream, takes up to 14 days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Interesting facts on salmonella typhimurium food poisoning
- What does salmonella typhimurium food poisoning look like?
- Treatment for salmonella food poisoning
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of salmonella typhimurium?
- Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium
- Where is salmonella typhimurium found
- Salmonella typhimurium symptoms
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free