Doctor insights on:
I have a bottle of salicylate acid that expired in Frebruary. It has a crystal substance at the bottom of the bottle. Is it still good to use?
No way.: At the least, it's expired. And worse, it could be that something else got into the bottle and contaminated the medication. Get rid of it. Don't take the chance. ...Read more
Side Effects: Bleeding is the main one especially in the GI tract. Ringing in the ears & angioedema (swelling of skin tissues) can also occur. In children and adolescents, Aspirin is no longer indicated to control flu-like symptoms or the symptoms of chickenpox or other viral illnesses, because of the risk of reye's syndrome. ...Read more
Why do pain cremes like bengay or icyhot advise you not to use a heating pad? I thought it was methyl salicylate but even creams w/o still warn you
Was just given baby aspirin for first time in er. How long would it take for salicylate intolerance or pseudoanaphylaxis to present?
Stop: Please go see your family doctor. Do not take the Aspirin until you have been cleared by a physician who knows you well. I see nothing in your history that would have warranted an er visit. You have chronic medical problems and possibly some mental health issues that could be stress caused by these conditions. It is always best to keep this in the primary care medical clinic. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Preparation h anal fissure
- How to tighten the skin with preparation h?
- Can preparation h be used internally for internal hemorrhoids?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Use of preparation h while breastfeeding
- Preparation h for external hemorrhoids
- Preparation h and tucks
- Preparation h for stretch marks
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free