Doctor insights on:
Safely Stop Zoloft Cold Turkey
Antipsychotics : Antipsychotic treatment should be monitored by an specialist on a regular basis, due to the risk of short and long term side effects. Starting and stopping treatment could be safely done if doses are modified little by little over time. Titration of the medications is the best way to find the appropriate amount which will produce the least side effects and most effective results. ...Read more
NO, however it is: No. Stopping any medication without first consulting your doctor is not advised, other mild to server complications can follow. ...Read more
Go see your doctor!: Australia's endep (amitriptyline) is sold in states as Elavil brand of Amitriptyline which is an early antidepressant w/anticholinergic properties, causing dry eyes & mouth, constipation, inability to urinate & confusion. Both http://www.Webmd.Com/drugs/drug-9159-endep (amitriptyline)+oral.Aspx?Drugid=9159&drugname=endep (amitriptyline)+oral & http://www.Drugs.Com/elavil.Html recommend tapering off under your doctor's supervision. ...Read more
Yes: I like your term "brain zaps"! that's a good description of what happens with the discontinuation syndrome when stopping an ssri antidepressant. Technically speaking, Mirtazapine is not an ssri, but i suspect it could still cause aspects of the discontinuation syndrome with abrupt discontinuation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i safely stop taking zoloft cold turkey?
- Quitting zoloft cold turkey
- Is it ok to stop breastfeeding cold turkey?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it dangerous to stop drinking cold turkey?
- Stop drinking alcohol cold turkey
- Is it dangerous to stop smoking cold turkey?
- Side effects of quitting zoloft cold turkey
- Talk to a neurologist online