Doctor insights on:
Safe Spironolactone Aldactone Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Discontinue it: It's not frankly dangerous, but you should stop using it as soon as you find out you are pregnant. Discuss this with your obg or whoever gives you the prescription. ...Read more
Daughter had taken spironolactone but stopped when she was 3 weeks pregnant..What are the chances of a birth defect and is there test for this defect?
No Data: This medication is considered a category "c"medication in early pregnancy. There is not enough data available to consider it dangerous or completely safe in early pregnancy. It moves to a category "d" or potentially dangerous if used for pregnancy induced hypertension late in pregnancy. (as are many of the hypertension drugs) since there is no recorded defects, there is no specific test for them. ...Read more
Had sex 3days before my period.Now i'm late 6days.Im on metformin and spironolactone due to pcos. My dr. Told me i could get pregnant. What can I do?
Don’t guess.: Take a test. they are the same tests used in a doctors office. They can detect a pregnancy 7-10 days after conception. The best time to take one is when you miss your period. if you doubt the result you can repeat it in 1-2 days. If you were pregnant the hormone level would rise enough for detection. ...Read more
Need doc opinions! I am trying to figure out if it is safe to take spironolactone and fertilaid together?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are fishermans friend throat lozenges safe for pregnant women?
- Is a vibrating back massager safe to use on my back while i am pregnant?
- Is afrin safe to take while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to drink sprite while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take hair skin nail vitamins while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take azo yeast while pregnant?
- Is lipton tea safe while pregnant?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free