Doctor insights on:
Safe Propylthiouracil Pregnant
Yes: Propylthiouracil (ptu) is the preferred treatment for hyperthyroidism like grave's disease during pregnancy and nursing. Thyroid hormone levels need to be monitored closely as they can change during pregnancy. The alternative, Methimazole is recommended for non-pregnant or nursing patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Pregnant taking ptu, labetalol, methyldopa never done drugs in my life, i was tested positive for exstacy is that possible?
Yes,but: Ecstasy false positives have not been associated with those drugs, but otc drugs with decongestants, nose drops , nyquil, and weight loss drugs can. Do any of these ring a bell? ...Read more
Pregnant TSH rise to 4.24 my endocrinologist still want me to take ptu in spite of that, any advice?
Second opinion: The proper thing to do is to lower the ptu dose. There's obviously many other factors about your case that we don't know about so your endocrinologist would be the best person to explain this. If you are uncomfortable with his recommendations, seek a second opinion from another local endocrinologist who can examine you. ...Read more
Category "D": Ptu works by preventing a final stage of thyroid hormone assembly in the gland.The fetal gland is generally finished forming by 11wks, & they begin to make their own hormone. While most would avoid ptu after 11 wks, it is a better choice for early pregnancy than some alternatives. You need to discuss your pregnancy concerns with your dr & come up with a plan that works for u & baby. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take propylthiouracil while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Are fishermans friend throat lozenges safe for pregnant women?
- Is a vibrating back massager safe to use on my back while i am pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to masterbate while pregnant?
- Is it safe to drink sprite while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take hair skin nail vitamins while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take azo yeast while pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online