Doctor insights on:
Safe Person Amblyopia Lasik
Amblyopia: Amblyopic therapy is specific and if there is a refractive error difference between the two eyes that is responsible for the amblyopia then lasik surgery could be considered depending on the age and other circumstances. If the amblyopia is uncorrected before the age of six, it is usually not correctable. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can lasik eye surgery be done a 17 year old with amblyopia in one eye that previously had eye muscle surgery and then the other eye is just bad vision?
Possibly: It is reasonable to expect lasik to deliver the type of vision your contact lenses provide, but it would not make your lazy eye as good as a non-lazy eye. If your vision improves with the contact lens, then lasik may be an option. Of course, a complete exam and testing is necessary prior to any type of correction to determine your candidacy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Technically, this can be done without difficulty. You must discuss with your surgeon the expectations / goals for the eye. Even with a perfect treatment, the vision will likely not be beyond your current vision with glasses/contacts. Price for lasik varies greatly and usually depends on technology used. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a lazy eye and at the same I have very bad astigmatism in the same eye. Can i get lasik eye surgery on it ?
No: In my opinion if a patient has amblyopia they should never be considered a candidate for lasik surgery. In amblyopia the patient has one eye that is generally has decreased vision which is not correctable by glasses or contact lenses. If a complication occurred to the good eye from surgery the vision could be permanently impaired in the good eye. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe for a person with amblyopia to have lasik surgery?
- Safe person glaucoma lasik vision correction
- Is it safe to wear colored contact lenses if i have amblyopia in one eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to have lasik eye surgery during pregnancy?
- Is it safe for a person with kidney disease to take fish oil supplements?
- Is a mini trampoline safe for an elderly person?
- Is nasal steroid safe for a person with deviated septum?
- Talk to a pediatrician online