Doctor insights on:
Safe Drink Protein Shakes Allergic Soy
Yes: Just remember that a protein has 4 cal/gram. If it is not burned it will be stored as fat. But when a person is cutting calories a macro-nutrient enriched shake is very helpful and will help prevent muscle breakdown and general malnutrition. Be sure that the manufacturing process is good or proteins can become denatured and useless. You have to exercise even if it is just walking, it is vital! ...Read more
Yes: But follow the instructions on the label. ...Read more
My son is 14 years old. He weighs 115lbs. He has been working out and wants to drink protein shakes. Is this safe for him? If so, what amount?
Yes: Though i don't know why.Get a more detailed answer ›
Lately, i was found with minor high level of thyroid.I workout and i drink whey protein shakes..So is it safe to take whey in thyroid disorder?
I have hypothyroidism and trying to start an intense workout routine, is it safe to drink protein shakes with my condition? Thanks.
Yes, no problem: If your hypothyroidism is being properly treated you'll have normal levels of thyroid hormone & thus have the same levels of thyroid as a normal person & you can function normally. But many just on levothyroxine don't have adequate t3; ask your doctor to check your free t3; if not in the upper half of the normal range you may benefit from liothyronine (cytomel) as well. See http://bit.Ly/15k26u8. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to drink protein shakes?
- Is it safe for a 14 year old to drink protein shakes?
- What are the benefits of drinking whey protein soy flaxseed shakes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Protein shakes safe pregnant
- Protein shakes safe for breastfeeding
- Is soy protein isolate safe?
- Is it safe for teens to take protein shakes?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free