Doctor insights on:
Is creatine safe to take if I am working out consistently and eating large amounts of food everyday?
Generally safe: Taking creatine is generally safe. The efficacy or usefulness of taking creatine for someone consuming a balanced diet is debatable. For more information you may wish to consult the following website: http://www.Webmd.Com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-873-creatine.Aspx?Activeingredientid=873&activeingredientname=creatine. ...Read more
TOTAY SAFE: Creatine is nothing more than a protein. In no way does it interact with verapamil (securon). You should have no problems. There is some evidence that creatine causes muscle cramps, possibly by depleting magnesium, but this has never been proven in clinical trial studies. Simply make sure that you are consuming enough water before, during and after your training sessions. Urine should be clear. ...Read more
Creatine and kids: Creatine in moderation can be safe. Remember that it is a supplement so it is not regulated as strictly by the fda. There may be other minerals, metals, etc in the formulation that are not ideal for kids. In high doses creatine can cause kidney failure. Many teens think that it will help them bulk up, nothing will help them bulk up if they haven't gone through puberty. ...Read more
Yes, but be aware: Creatine is used by athletes to build up muscle mass. Use of it seems harmless but doubts still remain. Mayo clinic has mentioned that it may be associated with asthma in those allergic to it. Some have mentioned that it may cause kidney and liver damage. But not proven. Best would be to be moderate in its use as even good things in excess can be harmful. Look it up on Wikipedia for more info. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take creatine while on accutane?
- Is creatine safe for a 15 year old?
- Is creatine safe for a 14 year old?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is kre alkalyn creatine safe?
- Is it safe to drink alcohol while taking creatine?
- Is creatine safe for a 16 year old?
- Is it safe to use creatine supplements when you have kidney disease?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free