Doctor insights on:
Safe Avonex Pregnant
Not a good idea: All interferons are considered to have potential for teratogenic risk, and should be discontinued prior to conception and pregnancy. Meds should be restarted after labor and delivery, but if breastfeeding, would not take Avonex at that time either. Copaxone far safer for pregnancy and works far better than avonex, which is clearly the least effective ms drug on the market. Consider a change. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
I am 48 year old woman and diagnosed with MS few years ago.I am using Avonex weekly.I like to do some plastic surgery.Is plastic surgery safe with ms?
Pen: There is an Avonex pen with a needle which is about half the length of a preloaded syringe. It can be given once a week by just clicking the injection pen and is minimally discomforting if at all. If you have fear of this, consult with a nurse in your doctors office and they can work with you to show you that your fears are not as bad as you think and that you can get over this. Good luck. ...Read more
Avonex v Copaxone: Avonex is an injection given to a muscle once per week. It is a deep shot. Copaxone is a superficial shot given under the skin every day. The retail costs of the medicines are about the same. They are both expensive; insurance coverage may be important. Avonex sometimes may cause flu-like side effect symptoms, copaxone may not. Both can cause irritation by the injection site. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take avonex while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Are fishermans friend throat lozenges safe for pregnant women?
- Is a vibrating back massager safe to use on my back while i am pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to masterbate while pregnant?
- Is it safe to drink sprite while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take hair skin nail vitamins while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take azo yeast while pregnant?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free