Doctor insights on:
Ruptured Tendon Thumb
Possible tendon rupture in thumb 2days after steroid shot. Doc could not locate tendon on ultrasound? Could this be corrected without surgery?
I cut my thumb open a couple weeks ago and had surgery to fix a tendon. How would i know if it ruptured?
Seek treatment: Tendons allow your muscles to move bones and joints. If a tendon ruptures, it may require surgery. Seek attention immediately if you believe you may have a tendon rupture. A delay in treatment may make it more difficult or impossible to treat, especially if surgery may be required. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Direct trauma: Tendon injuries are very catastrophic. Usually occurs when the foot is in a fixed plantargrade position and the tibia (shinbone) externally rotates rapidly, and the foot does not release from its flexed state. Injuries for tendon ruptures also take the longest to resolve, which can be from 8-20 weeks, depending on the amount and time of damage to the tendon. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a ruptured achilles tendon take to heal after treatment?
- Plantaris tendon rupture recovery time
- Tendon rupture
- Achilles tendon rupture recovery timeline
- Thumb tendons anatomy
- Ruptured tendon in wrist symptoms
- Ruptured plantaris tendon treatment
- Patellar tendon rupture
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free