Doctor insights on:
Ruptured Spleen Pain
Spleen: The pain most commonly associated with a traumatic splenic rupture is for the most part localized to the left upper quadrant of the abdomen . This localized pain can at times become generalized yielding diffuse abdomen pain. Additionally some patient may experience a phenomenon known as kehr's sign which is left sided diaphragmatic irritation that results in left shoulder pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could i mistake a ruptured spleen with an intercostal sprain? The pain is on the left side and back near the "floating" ribs. No blunt trauma at all.
Two clear ab cts, clear us, CBC normal, left rib and some.abdominal pain, likely to be ruptured spleen??
Amazingly: Some people have only mild to moderate pain, but usually it is severe. The only way to tell if spleen is ruptures and if you need to have surgery to repair it is to get imaging studies, usually with a ct scan. ...Read more
Perhaps 6-12 months: Most ruptured spleens are due to trauma, in which case most of the time they are surgically removed. You can live without a spleen, though it does have some impact of immune function. Iron storage (also done in bone marrow and liver), and old red blood cell destruction (life of an RBC is 100 days). Must avoid any contact sports or further trauma to that area (left upper quadrant of abdomen). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had a ruptured spleen and took no contact it just happend my dr told me that it will heal and left it in but it still hurts when will it stop 8month?
Diagnosis?: You may have misunderstood your doctor. Spleens do not spontaneously rupture. A ruptured spleen is usually a surgical emergency unless only the capsule is ruptured. You should go back to your doctor and get some specific answers to whatever your problem is. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does pain from a ruptured ovarian cyst last?
- What does spleen pain feel like?
- How long do you have after a ruptured spleen to get to the hospital?
- Ovarian cyst rupture how long does pain last
- Where is spleen pain felt
- How long for pain to subside after ruptured ovarian cyst?
- How long does it take for a ruptured spleen to heal?
- Is dark urine a sign of ruptured spleen with mono?
- Talk to a trauma surgeon online for free