Doctor insights on:
Ruptured Spleen Heal Treatment
Variable: The answer depends on the severity of the injury. Minor injury to the spleen can sometimes be managed without surgery by monitoring the patient for on-going bleeding, and operating only if bleeding persists. More severe injury to the spleen, or if it is associated with other injuries, is usually managed by removing the spleen surgically. ...Read more
Perhaps 6-12 months: Most ruptured spleens are due to trauma, in which case most of the time they are surgically removed. You can live without a spleen, though it does have some impact of immune function. Iron storage (also done in bone marrow and liver), and old red blood cell destruction (life of an RBC is 100 days). Must avoid any contact sports or further trauma to that area (left upper quadrant of abdomen). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had a ruptured spleen and took no contact it just happend my dr told me that it will heal and left it in but it still hurts when will it stop 8month?
Diagnosis?: You may have misunderstood your doctor. Spleens do not spontaneously rupture. A ruptured spleen is usually a surgical emergency unless only the capsule is ruptured. You should go back to your doctor and get some specific answers to whatever your problem is. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Often heals: Most lower grade injuries and a select few higher grade injuries will heal without surgery. Real factors determining course are whether the bleeding can be stopped--- if you continue to bleed, surgery is required, or in a select few cases radiology can be used to emboli ze bleeding vessels. If you are unstable, out it comes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Will take 4-6 weeks if surgery was not done. ...Read more
At least 3 months: We recommend to maintain precautions for at least three months, and in high risk patients (like someone playing contact sports) to obtain a repeat scan before being cleared to resume the risky activity. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a ruptured spleen to heal without treatment?
- How long does it take for a ruptured spleen to heal?
- How long does a ruptured achilles tendon take to heal after treatment?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long to heal ruptured spleen?
- How long does it take to heal from a ruptured spleen?
- How long does it take to heal a ruptured spleen?
- How long do you have after a ruptured spleen to get to the hospital?
- Talk to a trauma surgeon online for free