Doctor insights on:
Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy Surgery
I had ruptured ectopic pregnancy surgery on 11/30/13. When is it safe to go back to the gym and/or have intercourse?
Depends: The biggest factor depends on whether your surgery was through an 'open' incision (either horizontally, such as a 'bikini cut'; or an 'up and down' incision) or laparoscopically. Certainly by 4 weeks after laparoscopic surgery you should be healed sufficiently to resume exercise and intercourse. Typically intercourse is fine by 4wks after an open incision, but not 'core' exercising. ...Read more
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Had ectopic pregnancy rupture surgery about 3-4 days ago, I laugh so much and bend to stop the pain could I damage anything?
Dangerous: When an ectopic pregancy ruptures, it causes whatever it is in, usually the fallopian tube, to burst open causing internal bleeding, and pain. The bleeding can be bad enough to kill you if untreated, this is a surgical emergency! if you think you have a ruptured ectopic pregnancy, go to the er now! ...Read more
Is it possible to have a positive result in a pregnancy test even after the finding of a walled off ruptured ectopic pregnancy?
Sometimes: It can happen but i'd check with your OB doctor. ...Read more
After a ruptured ectopic pregnancy, are my only chances to conceive limited to every other month since I only have one tube?
Not necessarily: It is still possible for a tube to pick up an egg from the opposite ovary. Sometimes the egg falls down into the pelvic cavity and the tube must reach down to pick it up. This will likely increase the time it takes to conceive. If there is a lot of pelvic scar tissue, then the tube will have a more difficult time picking up that egg. A HSG is a good test to evaluate the remaining tube. ...Read more
Could it be possible for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy to be mistaken for a ruptured large ovarian cyst?
Anatomy: No. Ruptured Fallopian tubes is a deadly problem. If you are not in the emergency room trying to save your life because an ectopic pregnancy has ruptured it is very unlikely you have an ectopic rupture. The fallopian tubes are not the ovaries. An ovarian cyst would be seen in the ovary not in the fallopian tubes. ...Read more
I had a hysterectomy in 1983 due to a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. It pretty much ended my sex life. Is there any treatment which might help with this?
Sorry Why 30 yr wait: Sorry , why you waited this long , you should have seen & discussed with a specialist who deals with this type of problem, due to numerous causes it is not too late please consult you gyn doctor will treat or refer to a specialist. Good luck. ...Read more
I had surgery due to an ectopic pregnancy july 4 2012 when should I start back trying to conceive?
When a baby is removed during an ectopic pregnancy surgery treatment, does it try to breathe on its own?
Not mature: The baby( fetus) is not mature enough to breath at most ectopic pregnancies so you would not expect to appreciate breathing. ...Read more
1 day period 5 weeks after ectopic pregnancy surgery. i only see red when i wipe deeply with tissue. is that normal?
Bleeding one day: An ectopic pregnancy will still delay the onset of the next "real" period, and sometimes at 40, ovulation will have a short bleeding episode, b/c the ovary needs more stimulation to ovulate, and the estrogen produced drops suddenly, causing breakdown of the uterine lining, leading to brief bleeding. ...Read more
In the event of an early ectopic pregnancy diagnosis, what are the available treatment options before surgery? Thank you.
I had an ectopic pregnancy. Since then my cycle hasnt been normal. Could infected needles from surgery given me chlamidiya?
I had a ectopic pregnancy and had surgery one week ago to remove my tube. I've stopped bleeding and feel healed. Is it too early to resume sex?
In an ectopic pregnancy surgery treatment, is there any possibility that the baby (fetus) will try to breathe on its own, when it's being removed?
No: Rarely ectopic pregnancy will go that far if it was missed for any reason the location on the tube will make it rupture and that cause severe pain and bleeding that could be lethal . If it was discovered early they usually try medication to aborted if not successful they go for surgery . In my opinion they never grow enough to be a live fetus that able to take s breath ...Read more
Could i be pregnant? Ectopic pregnancy 3 months ago -surgery left tube removed. Now 3 days late but neg test. Lite amount of brown discharge today
Prob not BUT: In your case u need to do a quantitative bhcg because if it is + , u need a Progesterone level and close monitoring to make sure u do not get another ectopic after one ectopic 10% chance of another one, 90% chance of no ectopic. ...Read more
If my first pregnancy resulted as a ectopic pregnancy treated by surgery would i be marked high risk for my next pregnancy strictly due to my history?
Ectopic: There are no set criteria for what would make one "high risk". This would be up to the discretion of your doctor. An ectopic pregnancy raises your chances that subsequent pregnancies will also be ectopic. This is why you should get checked as soon as you are pregnant. An ultrasound at about 6 weeks can determine if the pregnancy is in the uterus or possibly another ectopic. ...Read more
Possible but unlikel: Unlikely, but u need to make sure that your beta HCG went all the way down to less than 5 after the ectopic because depending on what type of surgery u had need to make sure no ectopic tissue was left behind, if beta is neg then that is good if beta is + and it is from the ectopic then u may need Methotrexate to dissolve the rest of the ectopic tissue please call your gyn. ...Read more
Was told my BP rose to 257 during my ectopic pregnancy surgery . It’s 3 days after n it’s 117/79. Should I be worried ?
Blood pressure.: Your reading of 117/79 is thankfully fine and normal. But you may want to speak to your doctors about what exactly occurred during your operation. BP numbers? Heart rate? ...Read more
I had surgery for a ectopic pregnancy. My cycle came on July 16th, stayed on 7 days. July 29 it came on again should I be concern?
Possibly: You do not mention when the surgery for the ectopic occurred. If you have not been sexually active since the procedure there should not be a problem with pregnancy. The hormone levels will take awhile to get back to a "normal' cycle after a pregnancy. If yo do not wish to become pregnant please make sure to use appropriate birth control. ...Read more
1-2 weeks: Follow recommendations of your surgeon, but 10-14 days seems very reasonable if not early. ...Read more
Had surgery 4 days ago for an ectopic pregnancy and today i feel very dizzy and lightheaded. Is this normal?
Maybe, maybe not: You should call your surgeon to discuss it asap. While it may be a normal postop sensation, there are too many factors at play that make every case unique, thus the need to call your surgeon. ...Read more