Doctor insights on:
Running Treadmill Acl
Not necessarily: As long as you have rehabed the musclesof your thighs (quads and hamstrings) running should not be a problem. Elliptical machines and bicycles may feel better though. If choosing to cycle, make sure the seat is adjusted propely - leg should almost fully extend when pedal is down, but the knee should not ever lock. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Running`: I usually tell my acl patients to wait 3 months before running. They usually have been on a bike for at least 6-8 weeks by that time. You should ease into it by running a block or two and then walking a block. Most patients can get back to running fairly quickly at that point. Always listen to your knee especially if it swells. ...Read more
1st, establish Dx: Pain near the joint line has many potential causes. Discuss with your surgeon whether this is medial or lateral and whether you had meniscal or articular cartilage damage. The problem may be as simple as overtraining, but you need a diagnosis before you can direct treatment to resolve your problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not unheard, but...: Certainly has risks. If you elect to run w/ a torn acl you need to speak w/ your physician about your strength & getting the right kind of brace to protect the joint. As for the meniscus i would need more info about the type & symptoms of tear to make a recommendation. For the best long term outcomes (w/ high activity level) i suggest surgery, better early than late. More @ drmarkgalland.Com. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is running on a treadmill bad for me if i tore my acl a year ago?
- Does running on a treadmill help you lose thigh fat?
- Does running on the treadmill make your butt smaller?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hip pain after running on treadmill
- Is running on a treadmill bad for your knees?
- The outside of my knee hurts when running on treadmill
- My ankle is hurting after running on the treadmill
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free