Doctor insights on:
Rubbing Alcohol After Sex
No: Alcohol is not a good disinfectant, and burns mucous membranes. Wearing a condom is the only way to lessen your chances for stds. If you wish to wash in addition, use 1/2 strength hydrogen peroxide or betadine, but good old soap and warm water are probably equal. Again, if you are having sex with multiple partners or with at-risk people, use condoms always and throughout the sexual encounter. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I experienced vaginal bleeding after sex and lots of alcohol consumption the night before last. Should I tell my gyno?
Bleeding: Absolutely.Get a more detailed answer ›
Would sticking your fingers into a bottle of rubbing alcohol after ejaculation as a means to cleaning them, would it contaminate the entire bottle?
Unlikely, but could: Rubbing alcohol kills over 99% of bacteria and other organisms. So, though it may not contaminate the bottle, i would presume it did. When using any bottled medicine, pour it into a cup, or on a cotton ball, and then clean the area. By the way, if there is even the tinest break in the skin, alcohol will cause severe burning sensation. ...Read more
Is rubbing alcohol enough to kill staph after dressing a boil? (i usually wash briefly also to remove the smell, but want to make sure this is enough)
Peroxide is better: Alcohol is very toxic to skin, especially damaged skin. Hydrogen peroxide works well to kill any residual germs while causing less tissue damage. An antibiotic ointment may help as well (triple antibiotic ointments are available as generics equivalent to neosporin). Many experts believe thorough washing with good old soap and water (not briefly!) is as good or better than abx ointments. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i go numb after sex?
- How many days after your period is it safe to have sex?
- My vagina gets swollen sometimes after sex why
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my vagina smell like fish after sex?
- Anal bleeding after anal sex
- Can a girl get pregnant if she has her period the day after unprotected sex?
- Why do i feel nauseous after sex?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free