Doctor insights on:
Roasted Peanuts And The Thyroid
I want to know what foods decrease thyroid function are. I read that, for example, the peanut is one of them.
Thyroid and food: Non-fermented soy products ( tofu, soybeans) can inhibit thyroid function. Certain vegetables if eaten in large quantities could decrease thyroid function. These would include: broccoli,cabbage, spinach, cauliflower, lima beans, turnips, corn and sweet potatoes. Strawberries should be avoided and indeed peanuts and pine-nuts should also be avoided. These foods are known as goitrogens. ...Read more
I suggest: You rethink and meet with a live doctor to help you sort this out, you are 99.99% mistaken. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Thyroid and the depo-provera shot
- Is the thymus gland and thyroid gland connected?
- Enlarged thyroid glans with nodules and the thickening of isthmus
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i tell the difference between anemia and thyroid problems?
- What is the difference between a pituitary and thyroid dwarfism?
- Can the thyroid cause symptoms of heart pain and shortness of breath?
- How is the thyroid and essential tremors related?
- What is the red and blue that shows up on a thyroid ultrasound?