Doctor insights on:
Risk Of Miscarriage Decline
No: Recent studies show that iud use (with currently available approved iuds) isnot related to later miscarriage. ...Read more
Hormone replacement therapy. Estrogen alone increases risk of uterine cancer. Adding progesterone increases risk of breast cancer, but reduces risk of uterine cancer. What's the right balance?
Individual: Yes, estrogen alone does increase the risk of uterine cancer over time. And yes the whi showed that the combination of a certain synthetic estrogen and a certain synthetic progestin increased the risk of breast cancer. But most specialists do not use those older types of synthetic hormones and with newer medications the risks are lower and different. So a balance can be achieved. ...Read more
Age, STDs, smoking: Women's ovarian reserve (egg numbers and quality) starts to decline from mid 20's on average, and fastest by the 40's. Smoking, stds like chlamydia, endometriosis, surgery on the ovaries, and cancer chemo or radiotherapy reduce ovarian reserve faster. Chlamydia, pid, endometriosis or surgery can block the fallopian tubes or cause scarring around ovaries. Overweight or underweight reduces fertility. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is that true that lack of morning sickness during pregnancy indicates low level of hormones and higher risk of miscarriage?
Sickness: The simple answer is NO!Get a more detailed answer ›
Earlier age of birth: The care of premature birth babies is a battle between things known to increase survival including oxygen administration versus the risk of this life-saving oxygen cause retinopathy. No intervention is as good as oxygen and so this is an assumed risk. Treatment for this is possible including bevicizumab. ...Read moreSee 9 more doctor answers
Minimal: If there is a risk, is with Clomid (clomiphene) after 12 months of use and the risk is minimal. The greatest risk is infertility itself and not the medications. In the grand majority of patients there is no reason to use Clomid (clomiphene) for 12 months. The treatment is usually changed if the patient has not conceived after 4-6 cycles. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Estrogen increases the risk of endometrial cancer, but does it increase the risk of breast cancer as well?
Yes: Studies have shown an increase risk of breast cancer in patients treated with estrogen replacement. In fact, women at high risk for getting breast cancer are treated with tamoxifen or evista (raloxifene). Those drugs block the effect of estrogen on breast tissue. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Miscarriage: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
No reason to worry: An interracial baby has no reason to be less physically healthy before, during or after birth. And it is a wonderful thing that social acceptance has improved greatly in recent decades so that the child has a greatly reduced risk of social stigma. However, it is still not zero. Of course children face bullying for a variety of reasons, so this may not even add to that concern. Congratulations! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had gestational diabetes last pregnancy.does every subsequent pregnancy put me at higher risk of developing diabetes?
Not typically: Increased amounts of rest in pregnancy is important. Rest improves uterine perfusion for the fetus and allows your body to recover over the course of the day. Overall, good hydration and nutrition play an important role in all pregnancies. However, difficulty sleeping can be a common complaint in pregnancy. ...Read more
Possible: Generally, 25% of women get pregnant on the first attempt, 30% at the end of 3 attempts, 60% at the end of 6 attempts, 80% at the end of 9 attempts and 85% at the end of a year. The remaining 15%, by definition, are infertile and should consider seeing their gyn or a infertility specialist. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Miscarriage risk
- Caffeine miscarriage risk
- Risk of second miscarriage
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Risk of a miscarriage after a thyroidectomy
- Reducing risk of miscarriage
- Miscarriage risks week by week
- Abortion and miscarriage risk
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free