Doctor insights on:
Risk Of Colon Cancer Due To Gastric Bypass Bypass
Risk factors: Risk factors for colon cancer include smoking, obesity, high fat diet, high red meat diet, low fiber diet, history of polyps, family history of colon cancer. I am not aware of gastric bypass surgery increasing the risk of colon cancer, but the need for gastric bypass surgery suggests that some risk factors mentioned above are likely present. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Final few yards of your intestine, between the terminal ileum (small bowell) and rectum. It squeezes water and solidifies waste to stool. It is subject to outpouching (divertics) polyps, and these can become cancers. The cells are abnormal, invade into the muscle and travel ...Read more
Colon cancer, bleeding mass, havng cath/stent/bypass. Risk of hemorrhage/complications from thinners during/after procedures? No CAD symptom, pos tgxt
i have microscopic colitis. Does this make me more predisposed to gastric or colon cancer? What causes this condition?
Vegaration diet: Vegetables, nuts, grains and fiber without red meat is the best diet to reduce the risk of colon cancer. Hunzicuts (in tibet) eat lots of apricots and almonds, and they have the lowest cancer rate in the world (but they also have no stress, no caffeine, no wine, no smoking etc). Non-processed, natural foods give you the best overall health. Go vegetarians! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not a proven fact: This is not proven and in fact it can be very dangerous due to risk of perforation and also risk of sipping out normal bacteria and causing superinfection with c diff. Just increase fiber intake to 30-40 gm a day and that will keep things moving and help with keeping all toxin levels under control. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the risk of gastric bypass surgery leading to colon cancer?
- How to get rid of gas after gastric bypass surgery?
- The risks of gastric bypass surgery for 17 year olds
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hair loss due to gastric bypass
- Gastric bypass patients perforation of stomach to drain
- Can cancer of the colon cause your legs to hurt?
- Causes of fainting after gastric bypass surgery
- Talk to a oncologist online for free