Doctor insights on:
Risk Of Breaking Same Bone Twice
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
If you fall on your femur and it hurt (maybe a lot), will it break if it was the same fall that hurt your femur, on a weaker bone? Please be specific?
I broke my ankle - dr said it will take about 5 to 6 weeks before i can walk on it if 5 to 6 weeks wasn't enough can I break that same bone again ?
6 weeks + 2: It usually take 6-8 weeks to under go the 1st round of healing in that bones are stable enough to do walk on it with a brace. Motion and strengthening of the ankle are encouraged usually requiring physical therapy (in a perfect world). Complete remodeling and strengthening of the bone can take an additional few months before high impact.Twisting ankle can reinjure ankle so wear brace till strong. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had fracture metacarpal bone on the dorsal side, on the palmar no fracture.Now I re-break the bone on the same place after heeling 4months.I boxer?
Sorry: Not true.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Where would a fracture in the shaft of a bone break
- Strength of bones after break
- Risks of bone scan
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the risks of donating bone marrow?
- Movable small lump on collar bone normal lymph node or a sign of something
- Two hairs growing out of the same follicle
- Causes of swelling above collar bone
- What are the main symptoms of shock from breaking a bone or other major injury?