Doctor insights on:
Ringworm Contagious After Ointment Is Applied
Trichophyton is one of the common types of fungus that can infect the skin, called a "dermatophyte". It can cause ringworm of the skin (such as athlete's foot or jock itch) or of the scalp. It is usually diagnosed with a scraping of the skin and can be treated with topical medications if on the skin, or oral medicines if involving ...Read more
How long is someone with ringworm contagious for? (# days prior and after skin rash symptoms)
What need to do to prevent transfer to others
Hi. How long after being on clotrimazole does it take to get rid of ringworm and how long until it stops being contagious?
How contagious is ringworm after treatment has started? How does it live on clothing and sheets? Do I need to wash my sheets everyday? I am a very cle
Treatment: is usually quite effective and you will not be contagious. You do not need to do daily laundry. ...Read more
A day or two...: ...After starting a good topical antifungal agent, there is little if any chance of spreading the infection to others - assuming, of course, that the antifungal cream is being applied diligently, twice a day. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- Is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is mrsa contagious after antibiotics?
- How long is walking pneumonia contagious after starting antibiotics?
- How long is c diff contagious after antibiotics?
- Contagiousness of ringworm
- Talk to a dermatologist online