Doctor insights on:
Right After Taking A Tetracycline Antibiotic Can I Take A Antiacid
No: Many antibiotics require ideal conditions in the stomach in order to be adequately absorbed and fight infection. Antacids will interfere with the effectiveness of tetracycline, Doxycycline and minocycline. It is best to avoid antacids all together when taking tetracycline antibiotics. Otherwise, one should separate tetracyclines & antacids by several hours. Always check with your pharmacist first. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Peri-oral dermatitis:was on the antibiotic tetracycline.I'm 15 weeks pregnant- broke out again.Is there anything safe for me to take besides creams?
70% body covered in staph, on course of tetracycline for 6wks. I don't care for that type of antibiotic. Is there home remedies to care for the itch?
What happens to the stomach when overuse of antibiotics (i was on tetracycline for a long time for acne).?
GI overgrowth : Bacteria resistant to the tetracycline can overgrow in your GI tract. But one of the reasons Minocycline is used for acne is that there is a low level of resistance that develops to it. Any drug can irritate the stomach lining, but Minocycline has a very low rate of GI side effects. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take tablets for thrush right after i am on antibiotics?
- Can i take vitamins if i am taking antibiotics?
- Can i take tylenol after taking aleve?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take pepto bismol right after taking tums?
- How long after taking antibiotics can i drink?
- How long after taking antibiotics can i get pregnant?
- Can i take an advil for headache after taking a low dose aspirin?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online