Doctor insights on:
Rice Cereal To Help Baby Sleep
My baby is 3 mold and I'm breastfeeding. Recently it seems like she isn't getting enough to eat. She is sitting with help. Can I start rice cereal?
Too soon: Human babies are designed to grow on human breast milk. It's too soon for any solids. All mammals, such as kittens, puppies, or babies, need to have milk to grow well in the first part of life. It is fine to supplement with baby formula if one does not have enough breast milk. If really really wanting to start cereal, at least wait until age 4 months. Can use formula to supplement until age 1 yr. ...Read more
My 8 week old baby has an acid reflux. Is it safe to add rice cereal to his formula and will it help?
Products: Healthtap Doctors are asked not to endorse specific brands or product lines. ...Read more
I introduced rice cereal to my baby last week. I've been giving her 1 tbs in the morning and before bedtime. When, how and how much shall i give now?
Follow baby: You can offer 1-2 tablespoons 2-3 times/day. It's not recommended to begin solids until baby shows signs of readiness (good head control, interested in your food, decreased tongue thrust). Do not force baby to finish either, follow her cues-if she leans back, doesn't open her mouth...Then she is probably done. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok to warm milk to help baby sleep?
- What can i give my baby to help her sleep?
- How to help babies sleep when they have moro reflex?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to help my baby sleep when he has a cold?
- How can i help my baby adjust to sleeping in his room and not in our bed?
- Rice cereal to help reflux at 9 weeks
- How to give rice cereal in a bottle for weight gain in babies?
- Talk to a pediatrician online