Doctor insights on:
Rheumatoid Arthritis Ring Finger Not Bending
Probably not: Pain in the last joint of your fingeris typical of osteoarthritis (o.A.) which would be more common at your age. Sometimes people even get little lumps at that last finger joint called heberdeen's nodes. R.A. Tends to cause more soft tissue swelling with inflammation; the joints might actuaaly look a little red and be tender or warm. O.A. Can cause stiffness particularly after rest. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Most people with RA: Joint swelling of the fingers is seen early in the course of RA in the majority of patients. The knuckles are tender to the touch and there is soft tissue swelling around the knuckles causing limited motion and stiffness. This can progess to puffy swelling of the whole hand. Warm compresses and simple hand exercises can reduce swelling. Isotoner gloves worn overnight reduce swelling. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there any other treatment for my rheumatoid arthritis that cause ongoing pain in my fingers other than anti inflammitories ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does rheumatoid arthritis look like hands fingers?
- What does rheumatoid arthritis in the fingers look like?
- What does rheumatoid arthritis feel like in fingers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis wrist finger splints
- Ring finger hurts after bending it from catching a football
- Exercises for trigger finger in rheumatoid arthritis
- Does visible swelling in the fingers always accompany rheumatoid arthritis?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free