Doctor insights on:
Ct scan shows pancreatic head enlargement, central areas of hypodensity may be focal necrosis, abscesses or cyst, mild ductal obstruction. Wats this?
CT scan (for kidney stone) showed enlarged spleen,enlarged para-aortic lymph node, & diffusely hypodense liver-no lesions. What can this mean?
Multiple enlarged mediastinal, subcarinal, hilar and abdominal lymph nodes on CT scan.4.5mm lesion on spleen. Spleen 12.5cm.any cause for concern?
Ct scan showed 1.4x1.4 CM ill defined mass right hilum.Too small to biopsy? 2.5cmx1.5 CM lymph node between aorta and IVC below renal hilum.concerns?
Many rt. Paratracheal/mediastinal, bilateral hilar nodes consistent w/metastasis. Right subcarinal metastatic node mass 3cm. Max suv 9.1. Lung cancer?
Needs Biopsy: Is there a known primary cancer? If not, you will need a biopsy of one of the nodes. Your doctor may suggest a mediastinoscopy and biopsy to get a tissue specimen. There are other causes of mediastinal node enlargement such as infection and sarcoidosis so it is important to make a definite diagnosis. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
Either: I usually do them without so I don't expose the patient to the contrast, which can injure kidneys. However, if the tumor is close to the mediastinum, I usually do order it with contrast because it's often difficult to tell the various structures apart without it. It also helps to identify lymph nodes. ...Read more
Cyst fluid filled: Cysts are fluid filed, typically benign. Solid could be benign (not cancerous) or not. Small are typically benign. Ct may not be able to differentiate small solid abnormalities. Plan depend on other factors-may be monitor over time for stability. Cysts may not get followed. ...Read more
Brain CT scan shows three calcified nodular lesions with no perilesional edema in left frontal and left occipital. Largest measuring approx 5x3mm?
See comments: Not sure of your precise question, but will comment on your results. The lesions could raise a question of an old parasitic infection possibly cysticercosis, and would be well to check a stool sample for ova and parasites. Plain x-rays of your thigh muscles might show similar calcifications and confirm this diagnosis. You might benefit from an opinion from a neurologist, or infectious disease. ...Read more
CT - 5.8x6.4cm rnd complex cystic mass in posterior pelvis inseparable from adjacent sigmoid colon. Demonstrates lobulated enhancing nodule centrally.
Not sure: A posterior pelvic complex cystic mass in a 65-year-old woman can have many potential causes. This needs to be checked out to find the actual cause and to consider treatment options. You should see a gastroenterologist for further evaluation, if you're not already seeing one. ...Read more
Can stage 1a endometrial cancer (removed) spread to mediastinal, bilateral hilar and virchow's node w/o infiltrating another organ?
Yes but: It could possibly spread to local lymph node but the chances are very low. The lymph nodes that are in thoracic cavity are even less likely to contain metastatic tumor from a stage 1a endometrial cancer, especially if it's a garden variety low grade lesion. In fact, long term survival is very good, like 95%. The other 5% may represent very high grade tumors. ...Read more
maybe: A large pituitary tumor, or macroadenoma, may be large enough to be visible on ct, but a small pituuitary tumor, or microadenoma, will probably not be visible. An MRI (without and with contrast) of the pituitary is the preferred method to evaluate this structure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Scan report come splenomegaly mild prostatomegaly fat stranding noted at hypogastric region with small mesentric lymphnodes?
Multiple small subcentimeter bilateral axillary, mediastinal and hilar lymph nodes are noted on CT Scan what does this mean?
Just what it says: Lymph nodes, located where they are supposed to be, visible on the CT scan and at a size that is generally considered normal. Taken out of context, it is impossible to tell you anymore than this. But even in the context of some known disease, these likely mean nothing. ...Read more
Nodule in l thyroid vth faint focal calcification, multiple enlargd lymph nodes in l cervical regn(surgical level3).Papillary carcinoma vth metastasis?
Thyroid cancer: Did you have a biopsy? An fna (fine needle aspirate) could be performed where a thin needle is used to collect cells from the thyroid nodule. This sample is sent to a pathologist for examination. The presence of multiple nodes is concerning and deserves further workup. Hope this helps. Papillary carcinoma is common and treatable. ...Read more