Doctor insights on:
IV "stick": This is painless though you may feel the pain of an IV as it si stuck into you during the test. The dye is not typically allergic and no pain is involved. Some patients feel claustrophobic. ...Read more
No: It's an expensive test that is reserved for specialized indications. ...Read more
Is there something they will give me for anxiety when i'm doing the positron emission tomography scan?
Maybe: Taking a pet study is easy and painless. You will get an injection of a radioactive substance (glucose) and relax in a calm quiet area. Then the technologists will have you lay on a motorized table and you slowly are moved through two large open tubes that scan you. You won't feel anything otherwise and can keep your eyes open or closed. A relaxing medicine can be given if absolutely necessary. ...Read more
CTA: It is an intravenous contrast-enhanced CT scan with technical parameters that optimize detailed visualization of the arterial system. 3D and multiplanar data reconstructions can produce images that look similar to standard catheter angiography. From a patient's point of view, the scanning experience won't be much different from getting a standard CT scan with contrast. ...Read more
CT scan: Axial sections are obtained perpendicular to the long axis of the body -- like slicing a loaf of bread. Ct, or computerized tomography does this non-invasively with x-rays and a method called filtered back projection. In other words, the x-rays are measured on the way out of your body, and the different measurements are used to create pictures of your body and internal organs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the common recovery time after retinal detachment surgery?
- Can you exercise if you are at risk of a retinal detachment?
- Retinal tear laser surgery recovery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long before resuming normal exercise after a retinal detachment?
- When can you drink after retinal detachment surgery
- Retinal skesis
- Fluid behind eye after retinal detachment surgery
- Talk to a radiologist online for free