Doctor insights on:
Restless Sleep (Definition)
Restless sleep is a symptom in which a person does not sleep soundly. He may wake up several times an hour due to breathing obstructions, snoring, restless legs syndrome, anxiety, depression, medicine effects, drug abuse, etc.
Restless sleep: You have to first define what is restless sleep. If you are awakening numerous times, vs moving while awake repeatedly for comfort, vs being awakened by 3 children numerous times or the neighbor's dog barking incessantly. All of these can cause restless sleep. However, so can intrinsic sleep issues like sleep apnea. You need to see your physician or a sleep physician. ...Read more
No: Many, if not most, pregnant women will have difficulty sleeping at some point during her pregnancy. Not to worry, the baby will not be bothered by this. In fact, while in utero, the baby is said to go between periods of active sleep (moving) and restful sleep (not moving). Often, it is the baby being active at night that contributes to the restless sleep a woman experiences. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
RESTLESS LEG??: I am not sure if you mean restless leg syndrome? Not sure what restless sleep is. So there are things for restless leg first make sure that the diagnosis is correct with a sleep study. Then medications like klonopin. Requip, or mirapex.. Additionally exercise and reduction of caffeine late at night. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is restless sleep so common in pregnancy?
- Home remedies for restless sleep
- Does restless leg syndrome cause sleep disturbance?
- What causes restless sleep in pregnancy?
- Restless baby while sleeping
- Is it impossible for me to get energy from sleep if i have restless leg syndrome?
- Causes sudden restless sleep
- Is it possible for restless sleep to have a negative impact on my baby?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free