Doctor insights on:
Vital capacity changed slightly, suggesting mild respiratory disturbance conductance (dvr) respiratory tract revealed. Result of spirometry, it means?
Makes no sense: This sounds like a computer generated report that might have been mis-interpreted by you. Regardless, minor changes in pfts cannot be interpreted out of context, just like strange noises your car makes cannot be diagnosed without looking at the car. ...Read more
Tests breathing: This device measures a person's ability to breathe in and out -- how much air, how quickly, for how long, how much air is left behind, etc. This provides some information for diagnosis and determining severity of disease (treatment, disability claims). ...Read more
Deep slow breaths in: Incentive spirometers aid in opening up the passages and air sacs of the lungs, especially after surgery that requires a ventilator. The device is simple but the technique is key: fully exhale and then slowly inhale through the tube, watching the little flow guide so as not to breath too quickly. Coughing is to be expected(and encouraged). Try to slowly increase your volume to ~ 1200-1500 cc/br. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No.: No reason!Get a more detailed answer ›
Spironolactone: A spirometer is a machine that can produce a spirogram ...Read more
What is a healthy number to be able to reach on an airlife incentive spirometer? I consistantly reach 3500..is this good?
Yes: that is a very good number.Get a more detailed answer ›
Many things: Though "failing" is not a term i would use, there are many other conditions that can show up in a spirometry test. These may include lung obstructions, vocal cord dysfunction, copd, etc. Most of the time these conditions will give results that are not characteristically like asthma but feel like it. Good luck. ...Read more
It is the effort...: It is not number oriented.....you should use it in a context of inflating your lungs ...... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is upper respiratory infection contagious?
- How does the respiratory system work with other body systems?
- How does the respiratory system and the cardiovascular system work together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the respiratory system interacts with the immune system?
- How does coronary heart disease affect the respiratory system?
- How does alcohol affect the respiratory system?
- How does the respiratory system affect the nervous system?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free