Doctor insights on:
Respiratory is also known as Respiratory system. Pertaining to the work of breathing done by the chest wall, diaphram and lungs.
No longer seen: Are you referring to sars? The last reported case was in 2003. Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) on the other hand is in fact quite common and as mentioned is usually found in every adult medical icu. The treatment is low lung volume ventilation and treating the underlying cause. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Interesting !?: Starting from the top: the lips, mouth, throat. trachea, larynx, right and left main stem bronchi, smaller bronchial passages and the tiny alveoli (where oxygen & carbon dioxide are exchanged) and the pulmonary vessels are all part of the respiratory system One of its most remarkable aspects is its ability to make speech and other sounds. There's no other like it in the animal kingdom. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Get oxygen to blood: Respiration is the process of bringing oxygen into the lungs and exhaling carbon dioxide out of them. Once inside the lungs, the oxygen crosses cell membranes to get into the blood stream. The blood circulates the oxygen to the rest of the body including the brain which cannot function without it. Carbon dioxide is the waste product of well functioning cells and is also carried back by the blood. ...Read more
Nicotine: Nicotine metabolizes quickly in the body. Usually within 8 hours, also it depends on the amount someone smokes. The effects of smoking like if someone had copd- reversal of lung function may take 3- 6 months( provided there is not already a structural damage). ...Read more
Breathing: Pertaining to the work of breathing done by the chest wall, diaphram and lungs. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the respiratory system work with other body systems?
- How does the respiratory system and the cardiovascular system work together?
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- How does the respiratory system interacts with the immune system?
- How does coronary heart disease affect the respiratory system?
- How does alcohol affect the respiratory system?
- How does the respiratory system affect the nervous system?
- How does asthma affect the respiratory system?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free