Doctor insights on:
Research In Cancer
My goodness: I need more than 400 characters to answer that question! the answer is yes, cell and molecular biology research has led to better understanding of cancer and significant improvements in therapy. The limitation i see to this is the tremendous cost of the new medicines derived from said research. Prevention and early detection are still very important and will be even more as the population ages. ...Read more
Any ideas on what current cures scientists are researching to treat cancers like colorectal cancer?
New approaches: The present chemotherapeutic approach and those monoclonals targeting growth factors have not made a major impact on survival. The specific immunogenic protein characterizing colorectal cancer has been isolated, defined and can be used as a vaccine. The effect is production of an IgG1 that targets the tumor. IgG1 given IV works in 6-8hrs. if needed for advanced cases, vaccine for prevention P.O ...Read more
Had frequent diarrhea for about 3 years ! Got a blood test and it is "normal". Got gas tried many products, made research... Could it be cancer ?
Have erosive esophagatis, pantoprazole prescribed, researched it can cause cancer??? Also low magnesium long time use, can I use magnesium supplement?
My 8 year old son has a lump under his left nipple. I have researched it and fear cancer. Could it be something else?
May not be cancer...: As a pediatrician for 30 years, I have yet to find breast cancer in a preteen boy or girl. A more probable likelihood is a dormant breast bud or a subareolar lymph node, both of which occur often in my practice. Of importance is there any bleeding or oozing of pus or fluid from the nipple? Is the skin surrounding the lump red or hot? Is it painful? For peace of mind schedule a pediatric exam. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How rare is colon cancer in a 25 year old?
- Pain in hip and leg with colon cancer
- Can a solid hypoechoic nodule in thyroid gland be cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can my doctor hear lung cancer in a stethoscope?
- How rare is colon cancer in 20s and why is it rare in young people if it is rare?
- Are polyps in lungs a sign of cancer?
- Can a high ige level in the blood be an indicator that i have cancer?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free