Doctor insights on:
Reproductive And Respiratory System Interaction
Interesting !?: Starting from the top: the lips, mouth, throat. trachea, larynx, right and left main stem bronchi, smaller bronchial passages and the tiny alveoli (where oxygen & carbon dioxide are exchanged) and the pulmonary vessels are all part of the respiratory system One of its most remarkable aspects is its ability to make speech and other sounds. There's no other like it in the animal kingdom. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Exercise, especially aerobic activities, increases & improves both cardiology & pulmonary system, rather than wearing them down. In fact, a recent study concluded that better fitness in middle-age was linked to less lung & colon cancer & cancer death later on (http://oncology.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2203829). ...Read more
Get oxygen to blood: Respiration is the process of bringing oxygen into the lungs and exhaling carbon dioxide out of them. Once inside the lungs, the oxygen crosses cell membranes to get into the blood stream. The blood circulates the oxygen to the rest of the body including the brain which cannot function without it. Carbon dioxide is the waste product of well functioning cells and is also carried back by the blood. ...Read more
Many tests: Depending on the symptom, there are several tests to evaluate the respiratory system. A chest xray can be very instructive initially on lung structure. Pulmonary function tests (pft) tests different functional parts of the respiratory system. A chest ct can look more carefully at the tissue, blood vessels, and airways of the lung and chest. Sometimes, cardiopulmonary stress testing is helpful. ...Read more
Yes and no: Many people live in dusty conditions (mild) for considerable time with no apparent distress. Others may develop mild to severe allergies. Dust contains many microscopic things one of which is dust mites. People can be severely allergic to these and require a lot of treatment. The best thing to do is dust mitigation. Look up on the internet how to reduce home dust problems or see you doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the respiratory system and the cardiovascular system work together?
- How do the respiratory circulatory and digestive system work together?
- How do the digestive and respiratory system work together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do the circulatory system and the respiratory system have in common?
- What are the parts of the respiratory system and their function?
- Organs of respiratory system and their functions
- Interaction between circulatory and digestive system
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free