Doctor insights on:
Removing A Bug From The Ear
Crawling/bug like sensation in left ear. 2 ENT visits. Removed small hair but ear continues to so call itch. Coly-Mycin S did not work. Now what????
Nerve: If ENT specialist couldn't detect a problem, the cause could be an irritable superficial nerve in the ear canal. If this is the case, it should resolve without specific treatment. In the meantime try applying a cortisone containing cream or ointment like cortisporin (neomycin polymyxin and hydrocortisone) applied with a q tip. ...Read more
Red ear wax: Coning and candling should not cause the ears to bleed, but earwax can sometimes be reddish-brown in color and look similar to dried blood. If you are seeing liquid bright red blood, this isn't normal (and probably unrelated to coning/candling, if done properly) and should be checked by a doctor. ...Read more
Cellulitis / allergy: Cellulitis is a skin condition characterized by redness, warmth and swelling often following an injury or bite. Treatment is with prescription oral antibiotics. Sometimes an exaggerated immune response to an insect bite can cause similar symptoms, but this will generally resolve with an oral antihistamine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to remove fluid from ears?
- How to remove earrings from ears?
- How to remove water from your ear?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to remove fluid from middle ear?
- How to remove wax from a childs ear?
- How to remove pierced earrings from your ear?
- How to remove water from ear after swimming?
- Remove insect from ear