Doctor insights on:
Removal Of Polyps During Colonoscopy
Can my husband have pizza tonight after a colonoscopy and removal of 5 polyps this morning? They advised a soft diet for today but did not specify wh
Probably a slice or: ...two shouldn't be a problem. Would avoid an accompanying soda however to minimize additional bloat. ...Read more
I had a sigmdoscopy dr said he found 2 polyps and recommend colonoscopy for removal how long should I wait most for colonoscopy? Could become cancer?
Immediately: A sigmoidoscopy only checks the distal third (sigmoid) portion of the colon and colon cancer can occur anywhere in the colon. Since you had polyps, they may need to be biopsied if they were not. Since your dr. Told you to get a full colonoscopy, especially with your hx of polyps, and not to mention the need to check your whole colon, then get it done. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What are signs of infection after a colonoscopy with polyp removal? How long afterwards could symptoms appear?
Fever: Within one week. After the first 2-3 days of the procedure, the risk is miniscule, if any. ...Read more
A polyp 1 CM is average size or is consider big ? Can I have the option to be awake and conscious during a colonoscopy?
Possible: 1 cm is not considered very small , current practice of endoscopic screening , will be picked up much smaller than 1 cm , yes could be done with out sedation , but you will be very uncomfortable , and no reason to suffer , follow the advice of your doctor, a relatively low risk procedure ...Read more
I had polyp removed during colonoscopy. It was not cancer. If it was left alone what would have happened? Dr said repeat every 5 years. You agree?
8mm hyperplastic polyp in cecum. Why wasn't it removed during colonoscopy? 3mm polyp removed in another spot.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Colonoscopy removal of polyps metal clamps
- Colonoscopy removal of polyps
- Bleeding after removal of cervical polyp
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What percentage of colonoscopies find polyps?
- Coding code for colonoscopy with polypectomy of rectal polyp
- Can endometriosis of the bowel be found during a colonoscopy?
- Removal of ascending colon and small intestine due to polyps
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free