Doctor insights on:
Remedies For Twitches During Sleep
Sleep Twitches: Possible diagnoses include: 1. Restless legs syndrome: leg discomfort brought on by rest and temporarily relieved by movement. 2. Periodic limb movement disorder: repetitive jerking of legs during sleep. 3. Hypnic jerk (normal): muscle twitch occurring at sleep onset - sometimes associated with sensation of falling. Consult with a local sleep medicine specialist for further information. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes, sleep apnea: Have your friend check the epworth sleepiness scale http://www.Stanford.Edu/~dement/epworth.Html sleep tests can be performed in a sleep lab or with ambulatory sleep monitors which measure oxygen level, respiratory effort and nasal airflow. If airflow is decreased or is blocked by throat closure more than 5 times/hour, he has sleep apnea and can be treated with CPAP -continuous + airway pressure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I recently started experiencing tingling in the body, and occasional involuntary twitching although not during sleep. What could this be?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Feet twitching during sleep
- Toddler twitching during sleep
- Newborn twitching during sleep
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Arm twitching during sleep
- Excessive twitching during sleep
- Twitching during sleep in children
- What causes twitching during sleep?
- Talk to a sleep medicine specialist online for free