Doctor insights on:
Remedies For Spells Of Uncontrollable Jerking
Hypnic jerks: Jerking movements occurring as one is falling asleep are called hypnic jerks and are normal. Jerks during sleep may be periodic limb movements if they are repetitive, brief, and occur in series. If they cause poor sleep or daytime sleepiness, they can be treated, but they often occur in normal subjects. Jerks may occur with sleep apnea , parasomnias (abnormal sleep behavior), and seizures. ...Read more
I'm afraid because when I go to sleep I have uncontrollable jerking motions, what kind of doctor should I visit?
Sleep medicine doc: You should either see an ENT with a skill-set in sleep medicine or a sleep medicine doctor. The jerking motions can represent many things such as restless leg syndrome, leg cramps, or even obstructive sleep apnea. You may need a sleep study to help make the diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See your doctor: You need a personal evaluation from your doctor to discover what's going on with you. ...Read more
Neurologist: Depending on your age, i would be concerned about central (brain) involvement rather than otologic (ear) disease. Inner ear disease usually causes true feeling of spinning (vertigo). Jerky uncontrolled movements is more consistent with a neurological disorder. I strongly would urge you to see a neurologist. ...Read more
Jerking movements: See your primary care doctor as it may be something which can be easily treated like essential tremors or due to metabolic or neurological condition. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbal treatment for spells of uncontrollable jerking
- What is the best treatment for spells of uncontrollable jerking?
- Uncontrollable jerking
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes uncontrollable twitching and jerking?
- Why wouldi be having uncontrollable body jerks?
- Remedies for head jerking
- Remedies for myoclonic jerks
- Home remedies for spells of uncontrollable jerking