Doctor insights on:
Remedies For Protruding Sternum
I have a protruding sternum and noticed it since I was about 12 now I'm 28 and notice it's getting worse and at time causing aches. What are my option?
Pectus carinatum: It sounds like what you have is: pectus carinatum. It doesn't cause any medical problems or shorten your life. In extreme cases, it can be corrected surgically. Or there are braces you can try, which may alleviate your discomfort. Typically it stops changing after you stop growing as a teenager, but a specialist can take measurements and fit a brace. ...Read more
Yes: A protruding sternum also known as "pigeon chest" or pectus carinatum can be traeted by means of an external pressure brace. These are made by a licensed orthotist. If used afithfully will cause resolution in 3-6 months. Sometimes surgery may be required if the defect is assymetric. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My collar bone is slightly protruding from the right side of my sternum and I am experiencing discomfort and moderate pain Age16 No previous injuries?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbal treatment for protruding sternum
- What is the best treatment for protruding sternum?
- Remedies for protruding abdomen
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Home remedies for protruding eyes
- Remedies for protruding jaw
- Remedies for protruding nipples
- Remedies for protruding belly button
- Talk to a thoracic surgeon online for free