Doctor insights on:
Remedies For High Red Blood Cell Count
Ask your doctor: Having too many blood cells is called polycythemia - look it up. ...Read more
What is something that can cause high red blood cell count along with smaller then normal red blood cells?
Thalassemia: The most connon would be thalassemia minor or trait, an inherited disorder characterized by an increased number of rbcs that are smaller than normal in size, usually with mild anemia. These are disiases where to body has trouble making enough hemoglobin and are congenital. There are some other, more rare conditions as well that can do it. ...Read more
My brother has been told he has a high red blood cell count was 19,and was told 15 is normal range he is going to see a specialist..what's wrong?
What does it mean to have high red blood cell count and high white blood cell count at the same time?
Liver & polycythemia: Liver dysfunction and erythrocytosis can be seen with serious conditions like hemochromatosis (where the body absorbs and retains too much iron), polycythemia vera (where the bone marrow makes too many cells - red, white, & platelets), and liver tumors (both benign & malignant). A henatologist should always be consulted in cases like this so that an accurate and timely diagnosis can be made. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of high red blood cell count in women
- Reason for high red blood cell count
- My red blood cell count is high
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Slightly high red blood cell count
- High red blood cell count in children
- Effects of high red blood cell count
- Why is my red blood cell count high?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free